Thursday, November 3, 2016

SO ...

as we come to the end of another election cycle (or, as I like to refer to it World War III) I would like to sum up in a few words some of my feelings in one tidy little post.   

The Evangelical Christians

THIS is a completely mystifying phenomena to me.  How these people are so willing to overlook Trump's glaring character flaws and nobly assert that "everyone has sinned and deserves forgiveness" is just too much for me. They continue to remain adamantly committed to voting for Trump despite his colossal misogynism, complete and total lack of respect for the dignity of women, his serial adultery, cheating on his taxes, filing of multiple bankruptcies, and nonpayment of the hard labor provided by workers who built his "empire".  And while their Christian charity is overflowing with forgiveness for Donald Trump it does not, and CANNOT, extend to Hillary Clinton because SHE'S A LIAR.  OK.  I thought forgiveness was forgiveness.  You know, like Jesus forgave.  Seventy times seven?  From what I've read in the Gospels Jesus never withheld his forgiveness.  So I think y'all need to reexamine that passage.  Here's a good one, in case you forgot:

Matthew 6:14-15


14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. 


YUGE HYPOCRISY! 

If you're going to talk about forgiveness and casting the first stone and all that other bible stuff, it should apply to ALL people, not just your perverted candidate.  Can you forgive Hillary?  Or are her failings much too serious in comparison to Trump's?  See ... that's why you guys lose a lot of respect with people.  You're very quick to forgive your own and very willing to crucify others.  Not very Christian if you ask me. 

Evangelical Christians believe that Trump was sent by God to heal and reclaim the United States of America.  Oh brother!

Remember that scene in Annie Hall where Woody Allen is standing in line at a movie theater listening to the guy behind him pontificate on a writer's pretentious B.S. and then Woody Allen pulls the writer, in the flesh, from behind a cardboard cutout and the writer confronts the fool about how he knows nothing about his writing?  Well, I wish I could pull Jesus out to confront all these horribly misled Christians so he could set them straight.  

Donald J. Trump is a misogynist of colossal proportions.  Women are merely convenient vessels with little holes that he likes to put his pee-pee into.  Or, grab with his hands if the first option isn't possible.
Today, he says he's a Christian.  Tomorrow?  Who knows.  I guess when he allowed a bunch of them to lay hands on him and pray over him he was BORN AGAIN.  You can check it out for yourself on Youtube.com.  It's pretty damn hilarious.  

I know I am a passionate person.  And I have held my tongue in this election insofar as commenting on Facebook with others.  Oh I've posted tons of memes etc., but I have not ENGAGED with anyone.  However, I did get into one long conversation with one Christian lady who informed me that she is a Christian and is voting how God wants her to vote.  

(Comments in red are mine)

CL:  As a Christian God is my King....that being said it's my responsibility to vote for someone who is not for killing babies and lies to the country in a position of power, being paid for by the people. I don't agree with perverted behavior in anyone, but what one says on tape 11 years ago does not overshadow criminal behavior at the expense of the people.

(1)  Hillary may be pro-life but she is not KILLING the babies.  That would be doctors.  Doctors are killing the babies.  And FYI ... this has been legal in this country for years and years and years . IT IS LAW.  I think you should address your anger to all women who have had abortions and the doctors who perform them.  Not Hillary.  And P.S. ... shock of shocks ... I am not a proponent of abortion.  That is why I took birth control and NEVER HAD ONE.  (2) If you don't agree with perverted behavior in anyone, WHY are you voting for Donald Trump?  Is there a statute of limitations on disgusting comments and behavior?  Like after eleven years it's expunged from your psyche?   

CL:  Also let's not forget the perverted actual behavior of her husband who admitted getting oral sex from Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office... which then was covered up by both she and her husband, by calling it a vast right wing conspiracy.  So there we have it..vote for Trump who said perverted stuff 11 years ago, and nothing proven at any other level, believe me the Dems would be all over it if it were true, or the proven corrupted, for abortion, lying to the country Hilary! 

(1) Bill fornicated in the oval office, not Hillary; (2) Trump has a pretrial conference scheduled in New York re allegations of raping a 13 year old; AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST (3) I wouldn't be too sure about a "vast right wing conspiracy" being a fallacy.  WHO saves a dress with semen on it?  Just sayin'.

I'd print the entire exchange but you'd just get bored.  Bottom line ... I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind.  Of course I'm not.  But these people are so incapable of seeing how they are being misled and lied to.  Listen, I voted for Bill Clinton twice.  When he admitted on national T.V. that "he did in fact have sexual relations ..." I wanted to punch him in the throat.  And if he had ran for a third time, I WOULD NOT have voted for him because he was a freaking LIAR and I wouldn't trust him ever again.  I am not that loyal to someone who has misled me.  However, these evangelicals are almost beyond the pale.  If we had video of Trump nailing the spikes in the hands and feet of Jesus, THEY'D COME UP WITH SOME EXCUSE FOR HIM!  I am not that delusional.  Am I right or am I right?  When I see some of the comments and excuses these people make for Trump it just boggles my mind. 

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.  That is why we have all this craziness every election year.

My church does not tell me how to vote. I have never sat in mass and had the priest tell the congregation how they should vote. That is not their job. Their job is to guide me spiritually on this journey of life. Today, religion has become synonymous with nationalism. Very dangerous. And politicians, no matter if they're republican or democrat, DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. The rich get richer, the middle class (dissipating as it is) do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor (as George Carlin says) are just there to scare the shit out of the middle class. American politics has become a scandal. We have no one in government who actually has a moral compass, integrity, ethics, honesty. All the things we need in a leader. Our leaders are liars, philanderers, cheaters, tax evaders, hypocrites, draft dodgers, greedy and Christians who do not behave like Christians and only SAY they're Christians to get your vote. 

Vote your conscience. Only when enough Americans do so will Washington D.C. seriously sit up and take notice. When a Jill Stein, or a Ralph Nader, or a Bernie Sanders, or any other individual who is running on a platform of REAL TRUTH and HONESTY earns enough votes to scare the hell out of the establishment, then things will change. That is why Donald Trump (crazy as he is) was able to get as far as he has. People are pissed.  But their anger is misguided and voting for Trump is not going to bring jobs back to the USA because ALL of Trumps holdings and assets are OVERSEAS! He is part of the problem. EDUCATE yourselves on the issues. Do not base your vote on the fact that someone says he is a Christian.  


It's been one hell of an election season.  I guess we'll see how it all plays out in the next week.  Until then ... I'll see you in four years.

AND THANK GOD IT'LL ALL BE OVER NEXT WEEK.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! You Rock Cousin Deb! Go tell the Duh-nald Dumpsters to go F**K them selves! YAH! - Love Darla (Yolie's girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go with cousin Darla, and Deb, you rock!! Let's hold on, "it's gonna be a bumpy ride" luv cuz, cindy.

    ReplyDelete